Hyundai/NFL Twitter Super Bowl LI Ticket Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. The Hyundai/NFL Twitter Super Bowl LI Ticket Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hyundai Motor America. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., who are 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Begins September 18, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. ET; ends January 1, 2017 at 11:00: p.m. ET. For Official Rules, visit www.hyundai.votigo.com/becausefootball.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Hyundai/NFL Twitter Super Bowl LI Ticket Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 18, 2016 and ends at 11:00 p.m. ET on January 1, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of sixteen (16) separate entry periods on every Sunday during the Sweepstakes Period (“Sunday Entry Period”). The Sunday Entry Periods will occur between the hours of 1:00 p.m. ET through 11:00 p.m. ET.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age as of date of entry. Void outside of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the fifty United States or the District of Columbia. Employees, officers, and directors of Hyundai Motor America ("Sponsor"), Innocean Worldwide Americas, Votigo, Inc. (“Administrator”), the NFL Entities (as defined below) and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees, officers, and directors are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hyundai Motor America, 10550 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley, CA 92708. The Sweepstakes is administered by Votigo, Inc., 251 Lafayette Circle, Suite 330, Lafayette, CA 94549.
4. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During each Sunday Entry Period of the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter the Sweepstakes by tweeting on Twitter during the Sunday Entry Period (on your own or through Hyundai’s Twitter Conversation Card) (“Tweet”) and completing the on-screen registration form via a link received in a reply to your Tweet from @Hyundai, to receive one (1) entry (“Registration Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. In order to receive one (1) Registration Entry into the applicable Sunday Entry Period Drawing and one (1) Registration Entry into the Grand Prize Drawing, your Tweet must include the hashtags #BecauseFootball and #HyundaiSweepstakes and you must register at the link received in the reply. To register, you must complete and submit the registration form provided at the link, which requires your name, birthdate, and contact information, including email address and zip code. Your Tweet must be 140 characters or less, must not contain inappropriate or unsuitable text (as defined below), and must include the required hashtags to be eligible. Limit thirty (30) Registration Entry per person/Sunday Entry Period. Limit four-hundred and eighty (480) total Registration Entries per entrant during the Sweepstakes Period. If you Tweet using your mobile phone, standard data/text messaging fees/rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. By Tweeting, you represent and acknowledge that you meet all eligibility requirements and you have read and agree to these Official Rules. All Registration Entries must be received during the Sunday Entry Period.
Tweets/Registration Entries will not be judged. However, any Tweet deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable text, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Any Tweet or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, sexual in nature, defamatory or violates any proprietary right of any entity or person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light), or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the Entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Tweet must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Tweets/Registration Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Tweets/Registration Entries generated by any means which subvert the Entry process, including through the creation of multiple Twitter accounts for the purpose of obtaining extra Registration Entries, are void.
A Twitter account and a valid email address are required to enter and can be opened for free at www.twitter.com. You must have a Twitter account and have your account settings set to “unprotected” or “public”. Twitter.com is not affiliated with the Sweepstakes in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prizes. No endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Twitter is expressed or implied. All Registration Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting a Registration Entry/Tweet, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the right to use, reproduce, edit, market, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Registration Entry/Tweet (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any other websites).
5. Selection of winners: On or about each Monday following each Sunday Entry Period, Administrator will select four (4) potential Sunday Prize winners in a random drawing from among all eligible Registration Entries received for the applicable Sunday Entry Period. On or about January 2, 2017, Administrator will select two (2) potential Grand Prize winners in a random drawing from among all eligible Registration Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. All potential winners will be notified of their selection via email. The odds of winning a Sunday Prize are based on the number of eligible Sunday Registration Entries received for each Sunday Entry Period. The odds of winning a Grand Prize are based on the number of eligible Registration Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one Grand Prize and one Sunday Prize per person/household.
Potential Sunday Prize winners will be required to provide a valid mailing address within seven (7) days of being notified in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted via email after the first attempt to contact him/her or if a potential Sunday Prize winner fails to provide a valid mailing address within the required time period, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Registration Entries.
The Grand Prize winners will be contacted initially via email on or about January 3, 2017 and will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) (“Affidavit”) and will be required to complete, sign and return (or have their parent/legal guardian sign, if potential winner is a minor in his or her state of residence) Affidavit via email within 48 hours of being notified in order to claim his/her prize. Grand Prize winner’s guests (or parent/legal guardian if any guest is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence and the parent or legal guardian must be the winner or the guest) will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to use of Grand Prize. If a potential winner fails to return the required document(s) within the required time period, or the Affidavit, prize/prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, such potential winner’s prize shall be forfeited and Sponsor will award the Grand Prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Registration Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting. In the event a potential winner’s prize is forfeited, no compensation will be given.
Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of a prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (the “ARV”): Grand Prize: Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of two (2) Sponsor-specified Super Bowl LI Game tickets. ARV of each Grand Prize: $2,000. The ARV of all the Grand Prizes is $4,000. Air transportation between winner’s home and Houston, TX and hotel accommodations are NOT included with the Grand Prize. Sunday Prize (64 total – 4 per Sunday Entry Period): A $150 NFL.com gift card. Gift card subject to terms and conditions and expiration date. The ARV of all Sunday Prizes is $9,600. The ARV of all prizes is $13,600. Once awarded, prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are the winners’ sole responsibility, which may include without limitation any and all taxes, expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize. If the Super Bowl LI Game is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. Failure to complete the prize does not relieve the winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning the prize. Specific prize details not specified herein will be made and determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All event tickets are subject to the terms and conditions specified thereon. By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting a Grand Prize, each of the Grand Prize winners and their respective guests agrees to maintain his or her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes or prize-related activity. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate attendance to any prize-related activity or event, in whole or in part, and send winner and his/her guest home with no further compensation, in the event a winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that: is obnoxious, threatening, or illegal; is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; is uncooperative or disruptive; may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor; or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers; all as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion. In such a case, the winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize and responsible for the costs of removal from use of the prize and any related damages, losses, or expenses.
Any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Each Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value of prize.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity, administration, security, fairness, proper conduct or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, Sunday and Grand Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible Registration Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind; web site, Internet, or ISP availability, computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware) including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes; technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of submission of a Registration Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting: to tamper with or undermine the entry process and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Registration Entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the Sunday and Grand Prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect Registration Entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, Twitter, and NFL Entities and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Registration Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of a prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR: (A) ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AS WELL AS PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR TO ANY PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, PREPARATION FOR, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY; OR (B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE TWITTER WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER ENTRY MECHANISM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE TWITTER PLATFORM AND THE PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, winners grant to sponsor and those acting pursuant to its authority, the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winners’ names, portraits, pictures, voices, likenesses, Tweets, Registration Entries and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall own the Registration Entries, which will not be acknowledged or returned, and that Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to edit, publish, and use the Tweets/Registration Entries in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to entrants or any third party.
10. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes (excluding any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prize awarded in the Sweepstakes or the use or misuse thereof) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts located in California; (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes or the use or misuse thereof shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts located in California; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
12. Winners List: For the names of the winners, available after February 6, 2017, for a period of at least 30 days, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the "NFL Entities") will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way. Team names and logos are trademarks of the teams indicated.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER.